This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the UK hottest Internet of Things startups. Wearable Technologies
Limited (“WTL”) is an early leader in the “connected industrial worker” space. It has developed its Eleksen Connected Worker Platform to enable the real-time health and safety monitoring of large industrial workforces in global enterprises.
We are looking for bright committed individuals who want to help us create the future in an environment comprising intelligent garments and fabrics, IoT sensors, dashboards and predictive analytics.
WTL was founded in 2014, with 20 staff based in Enderby in the UK. It is backed by VC’s Breed Reply, Europe’s leading specialist IoT VC, and a number of international strategic trade partners. It has recently raised an additional funding round and is looking to expand its development capability in the light of substantial market interest. The company’s founder and CEO has taken a number of previous tech businesses to IPO.
The Company is looking to recruit a driven Senior Hardware Engineer with experience delivering complete IoT devices, including hardware (mechanics, electronics) and software. The ideal candidate will be hands on, capable of prototyping devices for example by integrating components, implementing software and designing PCB’s and 3D models. Production devices would be produced by partners, but the Engineer will own and manage the end to end partner delivery from requirements to acceptance. Experience with IoT, wireless technology, computer vision and machine learning platforms would be highly beneficial. Our devices are currently based on Expressif32 processors and incorporate ADC, GPIO, UARTS, SPI and I2C. They also incorporate WIFI, GNSS, and LTE communications as well as BLE.
This is a full-time position based in our Enderby HQ office.
Responsibilities and Capabilities:
- Translate high level requirements into specific device design requirements
- Support the other development teams with rapid prototyping
- Design and prototype electronics systems
- Design and prototype embedded software
- Design and prototype hardware enclosures
- Source components and devices from partners
- Find and review key suppliers to act as partners
- Set partner product requirements (cost, design, test and acceptance ect)
- Manage and review partner deliveries
- Manage hardware/system integration activities
- Liaise with other development teams to ensure a complete system design and delivery
- Manage equipment cost estimates and tracking
What’s it like to work for Wearable Technologies?
After working in Silicon Valley a number of years, the CEO has always encouraged a “can do, no hiding” culture within the business. To ensure this working environment there are three founding principles to WTL:
• We exist to generate shareholder value (for us as well as our investors)
• Our people should leave us with better CVs and life skills than when they arrived
• We should have fun (we have an annual ski trip, for example)
Hours may be long and demanding, however we promote a relatively informal way of working where bright people gain respect regardless of level and job title. Everyone has a voice and can all make a diﬀerence. at the end of the day if the company wins, we all win.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- At least a degree in a science /engineering related subject
- Experience delivering functioning consumer/B2B hardware solutions
- Strong logical and mathematical skills
- Strong skills in low power electronic engineering for embedded devices
- Strong skills in hardware design and manufacture
- Strong prototyping and problem-solving skills
- Strong skills with embedded software and hardware
- Strong skills in 3D modelling and manufacture (CNC, 3D printing)
- Good communication skills to work with suppliers and outsource
- Strong organisational skills
- Customer engagement experience
- Understanding of relevant standards such as IP ratings, CE marks, EMC etc
- Good skills in PCB design and manufacture
- Experience with battery technologies
- Experience with cellular communications, especially NB – IoT and Cat-M
- Experience with GNSS
- Good skills in thermal modelling
- Good skills in power profiling and power optimisation
- Experience using IoT technologies in a commercial project
To apply for this role or any other please click here