This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the UK hottest Internet of Things startups. Wearable Technologies
Limited (“WTL”) is an early leader in the “connected industrial worker” space. It has developed its Eleksen Connected Worker Platform to enable the real-time health and safety monitoring of large industrial workforces in global enterprises.
We are looking for bright committed individuals who want to help us create the future in an environment comprising intelligent garments and fabrics, IoT sensors, dashboards and predictive analytics.
WTL was founded in 2014, with 20 staff based in Enderby in the UK. It is backed by VC’s Breed Reply, Europe’s leading specialist IoT VC, and a number of international strategic trade partners. It has recently raised an additional funding round and is looking to expand its development capability in the light of substantial market interest. The company’s founder and CEO has taken a number of previous tech businesses to IPO.
We are hiring a self-motivated Project Manager with experience managing both inward and outward facing projects. The successful candidate will work directly with external project partners to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other internal stakeholders to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to problems and can drive a high-profile project to completion, we encourage you to apply.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress against budget
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with all project stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What’s it like to work for Wearable Technologies?
After working in Silicon Valley a number of years, the CEO has always encouraged a “can do, no hiding” culture within the business. To ensure this working environment there are three founding principles to WTL:
• We exist to generate shareholder value (for us as well as our investors)
• Our people should leave us with better CVs and life skills than when they arrived
• We should have fun (we have an annual ski trip, for example)
Hours may be long and demanding, however we promote a relatively informal way of working where bright people gain respect regardless of level and job title. Everyone has a voice and can all make a diﬀerence. at the end of the day if the company wins, we all win.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent external-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
To apply for this role or any other please click here