Electronica, Munich, 13 November 2018 – Fischer Connectors, the global provider of ultra-reliable and high-performance connectivity solutions, continues to push the boundaries of innovation in rugged miniaturization, high-speed data transmission, sealing, wearability and the Internet of Things (IoT). At the biennial tradeshow of Electronica (Munich, 13-16 Nov. 2018), the Switzerland-headquartered company showcases on booth no. 219 (hall B2) how it reimagines connectivity with its customers thanks to breakthrough and forward-looking technological partnerships with Wearable Technologies Ltd. and SolarStratos, as well as cross-market customer applications in the medical, security, industrial, unmanned vehicles, marine and miniature computing fields.
Jonathan Brossard, Fischer Connectors Group’s CEO, explains: “The electronics world is changing at an incredible speed, and the connectivity solutions that make electronic ecosystems work efficiently, reliably and safely are instrumental in driving the technological innovations that shape our world. Our long-term vision for connectivity is based on our sense of responsibility as a global provider of pioneering and ultra-reliable connectivity solutions that are easy to use and to integrate into our customers’ devices. We are showcasing at Electronica some concrete examples of how Fischer Connectors helps turn ambitious ideas into solutions that shape the future.”
Besides an array of assembled and integrated solutionsused incustomer devices for a wide range of high-tech industries, visitors of Fischer Connectors’ booth can discover some of the most innovative applications on the market today engineered to meet wearability and IoT as well as high-speed data transmission requirements – two of the hottest trends in the electronics industry.
The entire product portfolio of Fischer Connectors displayed at Electronica includes two of the company’s newest and most innovative solutions in these fields: the breakthrough plug & use Fischer FreedomTM Series launched last June, and the new configurations of the ultra-miniature signal & power Fischer MiniMax™ Series compliant with the latest data protocols USB 3.0, Ethernet and HDMI.
- Wearable Technologies Ltd. (WTL) from the UK. WTL’s connected smart worker platform uses the plug & use Fischer FreedomTM Series in smart garments for industrial workers that contain all the power and communications required to run the array of sensor devices that enable real-time monitoring and data analysis of worker health, wellbeing, and exposure to hazards and danger. These real-time data are centrally collected and dashboarded from a wide range of devices body-worn by a multitude of workers working simultaneously in the field, such as noise, gas, vibration, proximity and biometrics sensors, as well as radios, GPS, etc. WTL organizes continuous live demos of its IIoT smart worker ecosystem and dashboard on the booth.
- Electrical solar aviation with Raphaël Domjan, founder and pilot of SolarStratos. Fischer Connectors is the official partner and proud provider of the mission-critical connectivity solutions for this Swiss project which aims to shape the future of solar-powered aviation by sending the first manned solar plane to the stratosphere. SolarStratos organizes daily demos of its flight simulator on the booth.
Vision and innovation come withclear communications and insights. Attendees to the electronica Embedded Platforms Conference (eEPC) can learn more about connectivity trends in the presentation given by Fischer Connectors’ Innnovation Program Leader Jean-Marie Buchilly:
The added value of Wearable Technologies Ltd’s smart worker platform is to provide a hub allowing to dashboard real-time, historic and predictive analytics data from a multitude of workers working simultaneously in the field. Fischer Connectors’ connectivity solution plays a key role in this platform as its Freedom connectors are directly integrated into a wide range of small and cost-effective portable and body-worn sensor devices.
- Fischer FreedomTM Series: www.fischerconnectors.com/global/en/fischer-freedomtm-series
- Fischer MiniMaxTM Series: www.fischerconnectors.com/global/en/fischer-minimaxtm-series
- IoT & Wearables: https://www.fischerconnectors.com/global/en/applications/iot-wearables
- Wearable Technologies Ltd.: www.wearable.technology
- SolarStratos: www.fischerconnectors.com/global/en/solarstratos-edge-space
- Trend paper:
- Emerging Trends in Wearable Technology Across Several Markets – www.fischerconnectors.com/global/en/connectivity-solutions-wearable-technologies
- Fischer Connectors
- VIDEO – Vision, Mission, Values: https://youtu.be/tiyaSxhHQbY
- Website: www.fischerconnectors.com
- How to contact us: www.fischerconnectors.com/global/en/contact-us
About Fischer Connectors
For more than 60 years, the people of Fischer Connectors have been reimagining connectivity, turning customers’ challenges into success with innovative technologies, quality products and collaborative customer support.
Since 1954, Fischer Connectors has designed, manufactured and distributed rugged connectors and cable assemblies that help customers around the world produce reliable, high-performance electronic devices. The connectivity solutions are especially suitable for applications requiring faultless precision, durability and resistance to extreme conditions, including defense and security, medical, industrial, instrumentation, audio-visual, transportation, and energy.
Headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland (Canton of Vaud), where its R&D Center and manufacturing facilities are also located, the Fischer Connectors Group has cable assembly sites in EMEA, the United States and Asia. The Group also includes local subsidiaries and a wide network of distributors and agents all over the world.