At Director level, you will create and lead part of the Corporate Team, taking over from the current CFO who is taking up a newly created role as Chief Operating Officer. You will report to the CEO and be a member of both the Board and Executive Management Committee.
The newly created role will build a small initial team comprising a management accountant, book-keeper, HR Manager, etc, and whilst this is a hand-on role you will be prepared to recruit and manage a larger team as necessary to support the growing business.
WTL has a basic accounting system and produces monthly management accounts, but has yet to put in place inventory management, standard costing systems, budgeting and variance analysis, etc. Your job will be to significantly enhance the finance function to develop it so that it can support a fast-growth company supplying smart garments, hardware, software, data and analytics solutions on a ‘Platform as a Service’ model.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with a demonstrable track record in achieving results in a commercial environment.
Responsibilities and Capabilities:
You will love the mix of technical accounting and commercial management involved in the role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Safeguarding of the company’s assets;
- Monthly management accounting, budgeting and financial accounting and reporting including the preparation and presentation of the monthly financial Board Pack;
- Responsibility for statutory reporting and annual audit across the businesses;
- Responsibility for the Company’s tax arrangements, and R&D tax credits;
- Responsibility for compliance with VAT/PAYE and other regulatory requirements;
- Acting as the Company Secretary for the Group’s companies and subsidiaries;
- Having input into the group’s production, product costings and sales pipeline to ensure that the company designs, develops and manufactures profitable products and services;
- Developing and updating the group’s cash flow and financial models to enable an accurate picture of the group’s financial position at any time;
- Keeping the group’s ‘Data Room’ accurate and up to date for due diligence purposes;
- Assisting in the fund-raising process – presenting at Board level to current and potential strategic partners, and internal and external venture capital investors;
- Administration of the Company’s share schemes, Investor Consents, and other areas of general administration (eg. insurance, property leases).
- External customers and partners;
- Prospective external customers and partners;
- Actual and prospective shareholders;
- Board members;
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the UK’s hottest ‘Internet of Things’ start-ups.
Wearable Technologies Limited (“WTL”) is an early leader in what will become a multi-$bn IIoT “connected industrial worker” space. It has developed its Eleksen Connected Worker Platform to enable the real-time health and safety monitoring of large industrial workforces in global enterprises. We are primarily a data company. We are working globally with companies such as AT&T, IBM, Nokia and Vodafone in the fields of oil & gas, construction, utilities, rail and warehousing.
Are you an experienced, passionate, qualified Board-level professional looking for a new challenge in an exciting and well-funded start-up? We’re a technology company set to create a shift change in the digitisation of health and safety and productivity to connect and protect workers around the world. With applications across a variety of industries, we’re looking for someone who will work at Director level with us to make the working world a safer place.
Previous experience of fast-growth technology start-ups will be a plus. You will be of the calibre to take us to IPO if required, although previous experience of this is not a requirement.
You will have:
- A recognised accounting qualification;
- At least 7 years’ experience in a financial accounting role;
- In depth working knowledge of the finance director role, even if you have not previously operated in or held a Director role;
- Strong financial accounting knowledge;
- Excellent presentational skills, and be able to think on your feet in front of investors;
- Ability to motivate and manage a team;
- Effective Board skills;
- Strong commercial acumen;
- A background in manufacturing/assembly or software development business would be useful;
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines on occasion.
What we can offer you:
We want people who are in it for the long haul and who are as passionate about our business as we are. That’s why, as well as working with some incredibly clever, innovative and, quite frankly, lovely people, this is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growth company that offers you stock options so that as the Company grows, so do your benefits.
A competitive salary, performance-related bonus and generous share option package including membership of the Directors’ share scheme, and the chance to work with some of the world’s most prestigious global names.
To apply for this role or any other please click here