This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the UK’s hottest Internet of Things startups. Wearable Technologies Limited (”WTL”) is an early leader in the “connected industrial worker” space. It has developed its Eleksen Connected Worker Platform to enable the real-time health and safety monitoring of large industrial workforces in global enterprises.
We are looking for bright committed individuals who want to help us create the future, in an environment comprising intelligent garments and fabrics, IoT sensors, dashboards and predictive analytics.
WTL is recruiting a team that is motivated by working on cutting edge technology with global enterprise partners, working on solving challenging problems and working in a tight-knit team of multidisciplinary engineers. As a tester you will be embedded in the software team building test sets for our IoT devices and web stack. This is a full-time position based in our Enderby HQ oﬃce.
• Work alone and collaborate in building a test strategy and deployment processes
• Implement a full range of test cases for both device ﬁrmware and web software
• Develop scripts and test tools to support your work
• Work with other teams to identify risks, limitations and roadblocks then
• Work with the greater team to provide input in to schedules
• Work in a start-up environment where success is achieved together
• Work with and without direction at times
• Deﬁne a test process in an agile SDLC
• Own test quality and promote best practices with the software team
• Drive and educate others to increase code conﬁdence
• Take pride in your work, own your tasks and ensure they are delivered on time and to speciﬁcation
• Communicate clearly with a multidisciplinary team across department
What’s it like to work for Wearable Technologies?
After working in Silicon Valley a number of years, the CEO has always encouraged a “can do, no hiding” culture within the business. To ensure this working environment there are three founding principles to WTL:
• We exist to generate shareholder value (for us as well as our investors)
• Our people should leave us with better CVs and life skills than when they arrived
• We should have fun (we have an annual ski trip, for example)
Hours may be long and demanding, however we promote a relatively informal way of working where bright people gain respect regardless of level and job title. Everyone has a voice and can all make a diﬀerence. at the end of the day if the company wins, we all win.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
• 3+ years of professional test development experience
• Developed test sets for complex software platforms in the IoT space
• Great working knowledge of Python and/or other scripting languages
• Solid experience testing web based projects and associated tools (Cucumber)
• Experience developing and deploying automation tests in an Agile SDLC (Jenkins) • Experience with Git or equivalent SCM
• Experience working with IoT messaging systems (AWS IoT core) is a plus
• Knowledge of hardware data buses (I2C, UART, SPI) is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
To apply for this role or any other please click here