You will be managing a team of web and firmware developers in designing, developing and maintaining our smart IoT devices software platforms, portal and associated services. You will report to the Chief Technology Officer (“CTO”).
This is an opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading IoT companies. Wearable Technologies Limited (“WTL”), which was founded in 2014. Initially co-funded by BP, the company has developed an end-to-end Connected Worker Solution, which has the smart garment, hardware, software, firmware, and data analytics capabilities needed to deliver an end-to-end platform to large enterprise customers in the utilities, construction, logistics and transport industries. Our solution is marketed under the name Eleksen (www.eleksen.com) . The Eleksen solution enables the real-time monitoring of workers which improves worker safety and their health and increases productivity.
WTL has recently been acquired by Canadian industry leader Blackline Safety Corp based in Alberta Canada which wishes to rapidly expand WTL’s activities around the worldBlackline Safety is a publicly listed company on the Toronto stock exchange (TSXV: BLN). Its website can be found at www.blacklinesafety.com.
Are you an experienced, passionate professional looking for a new challenge? We are a technology company set to create a shift change in the digitisation of health and safety and productivity to connect and protect workers around the world. With applications across a variety of industries, we are looking for someone who will work in our core projects team to help us to make the working world a safer place.
The Company is looking to recruit a Software Team Leader. This is a full-time position based at our HQ office in Enderby, Leicestershire UK. You will report to the Chief Technology Officer (“CTO”). The application software, firmware and data analytics functions will report into you.
WTL is recruiting a team that is motivated by working on cutting edge technology with global enterprise partners, working on solving challenging problems and working in a tight-knit team of multidisciplinary engineers. As the software manager you will be managing a team of web and firmware developers in designing, developing and maintaining our smart IoT devices software platforms, portal and associated services.
Responsibilities and Capabilities:
- Work alone and collaborate with your team in designing “best in class” software deliverables.
- Hiring new team members with the right set of skills and personality fit for the team.
- Document requirements provide support and plan out.
- Develop scripts and test tools to support your work.
- Work with other teams to solve problems in both a planned and “ad-hoc” manner.
- Work in collaboration with external vendors, to integrate their services, and with customers, to get our products to market.
- Provide feedback to stakeholders and ensure they are informed on roadblocks or limitations.
You are able to:
- Work in a start-up environment where success is achieved together.
- Work with and without direction at times
- Own quality, and reliability whilst ensuring the team creates great user experiences.
- Take pride in you and the teams work, ensuring they are delivered on time and to specification.
- Communicate clearly with a multidisciplinary team.
You will have/be:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience in web and/or embedded software stacks.
- Background in software development, ideally SaaS, IoT.
- Hands on AWS platform development experience.
- Solid problem-solving aptitude; use and encourage creative thinking skills.
- Experience in product planning (business cases) and lifecycle management.
- People leadership and team management experience – leading high performing teams to deliver consistent results, ideally in an Agile environment/framework.
- Excellent communicator – able to communicate successfully both with business stakeholders as well as developers, to identify and understand business requirements and translate them into well-specified requirements.
- Solid understanding of DevOps, testing frameworks and Git.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Competitive salary. Following a successful probationary period, you will be entitled to benefits including medical and dental and a group stock purchase plan with matching contributions.
WTL is working with some of the world’s top companies. They are demanding of us. We are therefore demanding of ourselves. To thrive at WTL you will be a driver and self-starter. You will be empowered but will be held accountable. You will leverage the excellent people about you. In turn, they will depend upon you to lead, and demonstrate high ethical standards both internally and externally. Most of all, you will be driven by a desire to match yourself against the best. We have four core elements to our culture. Can you drive innovation, be resilient, demonstrate leadership and do whatever it takes?