The Company is looking to recruit an individual who can combine the roles of project manager and business analyst to work in our Device Integration Team. This is a full-time position based at our HQ office in Enderby, Leicestershire UK.
This is an opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading IoT companies. Wearable Technologies Limited (“WTL”), which was founded in 2014. Initially co-funded by BP, has developed an end-to-end Connected Worker Solution, which has the smart garment, hardware, software, firmware, and data analytics capabilities needed to deliver an end-to-end platform to large enterprise customers in the utilities, construction, logistics and transport industries. Our solution is marketed under the name Eleksen (www.eleksen.com) . The Eleksen solution enables the real-time monitoring of workers which improves worker safety and their health and increases productivity.
WTL has recently been acquired by Canadian industry leader Blackline Safety Corp based in Alberta Canada which wishes to rapidly expand WTL’s activities around the worldBlackline Safety is a publicly listed company on the Toronto stock exchange (TSXV: BLN). Its website can be found at www.blacklinesafety.com.
Are you an experienced, passionate professional looking for a new challenge? We are a technology company set to create a shift change in the digitisation of health and safety and productivity to connect and protect workers around the world. With applications across a variety of industries, we are looking for someone who will work in our core projects team to help us to make the working world a safer place.
The Company is looking to recruit an individual who can combine the roles of project manager and business analyst to work in our Device Integration Team. This is a full-time position based at our HQ office in Enderby, Leicestershire UK. You will report to the Device Integration Team Leader with a dotted line to the Application Software Team Lead. The role is to be part of our newly-created team of business analyst/project manager, firmware and application software developers to focus on the selection and integration of sensor devices from a wide range of sensor manufacturers onto the group’s world leading connected worker platforms. These include WTL’s Eleksen Platform and the Blackline Safety Platform.
As part of a Team, further develop the Eleksen Connected Worker platform. This involves both real time monitoring of workers to detect, alert and respond to immediate risks to their safety, as well as analysis of historical data to manage workers’ exposure to long term risks to their health. WTL currently differentiates itself in the market by offering a device agnostic platform, onto which any sensor manufacturer’s devices can be attached. By offering our customers the widest range of sensor devices to select and connect to, we can collect the broadest data sets and deliver the richest data analytics and insights to those customers. These sensors include those that can monitor gas, noise, dust, vehicle proximity, and physiological vital signs.
WTL is recruiting a team that is motivated by working on cutting edge technology with device partners working on solving challenging problems and working in a tight-knit team of multidisciplinary engineers. As the team’s application software developer you will be responsible for creating dashboard applications for each new sensor added to the platform, and for the transmission of that data for further analysis and generation of actionable insights.
The Eleksen Connected Worker platform architecture consists of a number of wearable devices on each worker, wirelessly connected to a common cloud computing and storage system. At each individual worker there is local data collection, storage and processing, as well as near real time communication with other workers, on-site supervisors, and remote management. At the cloud there is remote data collection, storage and processing of individual and aggregate worker data, as well as integration with other business systems and 3rd parties.
The role involves developing easy to use and intuitive end user applications based on the Amazon Web Services platform modules.
- Manage development projects involving the integration of third party sensor devices onto the group’s platforms (Eleksen and Blackline)
- Manage, plan and track development
- Undertake business analysis of the needs of the users of the sensors
- Manage project issues and
- Oversee outsourced development projects and their integration onto the Eleksen Hub and Blackline G7 gateways
- Prioritise and schedule the development road map and associated work packages in conjunction with the Device Integration Team Manager.
- Act as a bridge, where required, to additional engineering resources offered by our Blackline parent
- Work with stakeholders to further develop the PMO
You are able to:
- Work in a start-up environment where success is achieved
- Work with and without direction at
- Take accountability for project quality, and reliability whilst ensuring the team delivers projects to time, budget, and specification.
- Communicate clearly with a multidisciplinary team and at senior management
You will have/be:
- 4+ years of professional project management experience in a development
- Background in hardware and software, ideally SaaS,
- Solid problem-solving aptitude; use and encourage creative thinking
- Experience in product planning (business cases), PMO and development lifecycle
- People leadership and team management experience – leading high performing teams to deliver consistent results, ideally in an Agile environment/framework.
- Excellent communicator – able to communicate successfully both with business stakeholders as well as developers, to identify and understand business requirements and translate them into well- specified
- Solid understanding of Jira and DevOps, as well as testing release
- AWS platform experience is
Competitive salary. Following a successful probationary period, you will be entitled to benefits including medical and dental and a group stock purchase plan with matching contributions.
Wearable Technologies are working with some of the world’s top companies. They are demanding of us. We are therefore demanding of ourselves. To thrive at WTL you will be a driver and self-starter. You will be empowered but will be held accountable. You will leverage the excellent people about you. In turn, they will depend upon you to lead, and demonstrate high ethical standards both internally and externally. Most of all, you will be driven by a desire to match yourself against the best.
To apply for this role please click here