The role is to lead a newly-created team of business analyst, firmware and application software developers to focus on the selection and integration of sensor devices onto the group’s world leading connected worker platforms.
This is an opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading IoT companies. Wearable Technologies Limited (“WTL”), which was founded in 2014. Initially co-funded by BP, has developed an end-to-end Connected Worker Solution, which has the smart garment, hardware, software, firmware, and data analytics capabilities needed to deliver an end-to-end platform to large enterprise customers in the utilities, construction, logistics and transport industries. Our solution is marketed under the name Eleksen (www.eleksen.com) . The Eleksen solution enables the real-time monitoring of workers which improves worker safety and their health and increases productivity.
WTL has recently been acquired by Canadian industry leader Blackline Safety Corp based in Alberta Canada which wishes to rapidly expand WTL’s activities around the worldBlackline Safety is a publicly listed company on the Toronto stock exchange (TSXV: BLN). Its website can be found at www.blacklinesafety.com.
Are you an experienced, passionate professional looking for a new challenge? We are a technology company set to create a shift change in the digitisation of health and safety and productivity to connect and protect workers around the world. With applications across a variety of industries, we are looking for someone who will work in our core projects team to help us to make the working world a safer place.
The Company is looking to recruit a Device Integration Team Manager. This is a full-time position based at our HQ office in Enderby, Leicestershire UK. You will report to the Chief Technology Officer (“CTO”). The role is to lead a newly-created team of business analyst, firmware and application software developers to focus on the selection and integration of sensor devices from a wide range of sensor manufacturers onto the group’s world leading connected worker platforms.
WTL currently differentiates itself in the market by offering a device agnostic platform, onto which any sensor manufacturer’s devices can be attached. By offering our customers the widest range of sensor devices to select and connect to, we can collect the broadest data sets and deliver the richest data analytics and insights to those customers. These sensors include those that can monitor gas, noise, dust, vehicle proximity, and physiological vital signs.
WTL is recruiting a team that is motivated by working on cutting edge technology with device partners working on solving challenging problems and working in a tight-knit team of multidisciplinary engineers. As the team’s manager you will assist in the selection of partner devices to integrate onto the group’s platforms, and then manage the designing, developing, integration testing and maintenance processes onto and around the platforms. This involves embedded software development, comms (BLE, cellular, wifi) and application software (AWS), and then creating the data insights using packages such as Power BI.
Responsibilities and Capabilities:
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team in a core part of our business
- Assist in the selection of partner devices to integrate, working with some of the world’s leading sensor device companies such as Honeywell, Drager, Casella etc.
- Work with our partner’s engineering teams to facilitate the integration their sensor devices onto the group’s platforms. These platforms include WTL’s Eleksen platform and our parent company’s own platform, Blackline Safety.
- You will work with a dedicated Business Analyst to scope out the requirements for each integration
- You will plan the integration project, including developing, testing and roll-out phases.
- You will oversee the firmware development that will allow data from the new sensor device to be sent via BLE to the group’s various gateway devices, and then via cellular to the group’s IoT platforms.
- You will oversee the applications software development on the Eleksen AWS platform to take the device data and report it both in real time, creating alerts where necessary, and also storing the historical data for further analysis in combination with other data sets.
- You will oversee the testing, and then “full solution” roll-out of the device functionality, including technical input into market materials.
- You will assist with the technical training of relevant users of the solutions.
- Provide feedback to stakeholders and ensure they are informed on roadblocks or limitations.
You are able to:
- Work in a start-up environment where success is achieved together.
- Work with and without direction at times
- Own quality, and reliability whilst ensuring the team creates great user experiences.
- Take pride in you and the teams work, ensuring they are delivered on time and to specification.
- Communicate clearly with a multidisciplinary team.
You will have/be:
- 5+ years of professional development experience ideally covering embedded software, comms and application software in an IoT environment.
- Solid problem-solving aptitude; use and encourage creative thinking skills.
- Experience in product planning (business cases) and lifecycle management.
- People leadership and team management experience – leading high performing teams to deliver consistent results, ideally in an Agile environment/framework.
- Excellent communicator – able to communicate successfully both with business stakeholders as well as developers, to identify and understand business requirements and translate them into well-specified requirements.
- Solid understanding of DevOps, testing frameworks and Git.
- AWS platform development experience is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Competitive salary. Following a successful probationary period, you will be entitled to benefits including medical and dental and a group stock purchase plan with matching contributions.
WTL is working with some of the world’s top companies. They are demanding of us. We are therefore demanding of ourselves. To thrive at WTL you will be a driver and self-starter. You will be empowered but will be held accountable. You will leverage the excellent people about you. In turn, they will depend upon you to lead, and demonstrate high ethical standards both internally and externally. Most of all, you will be driven by a desire to match yourself against the best. We have four core elements to our culture. Can you drive innovation, be resilient, demonstrate leadership and do whatever it takes?
To apply for this role please click here