Responsible for actively driving and managing the pre sales process with channel partners and their end customers the Pre Sales Technical Support Engineer must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product portfolio positioning to both business and technical users. The role will involve both supporting the sale of the core solution, and assisting in determining appropriate cloud hosting solutions and identifying additional needs for bespoke development where required.
Responsibilities and Capabilities:
- To attend meetings with delivery partners and their potential customers to determine technical and business requirements and ensure that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Create and confidently deliver and sell technical presentations internally and externally effectively to audiences of varied technical ability
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations
- Interface with the implementation / project team, articulating customer requirement, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and end customer stakeholders
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current solutions and provide input around new products and solutions
- Build productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to WTL
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include – activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes
- Your personality and experience will position WTL as global influencers and thought leaders in the digitisation of health and safety within these partner organisations around the world
What’s it like to work for Wearable Technologies?
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the UK hottest Internet of Things start-ups. Wearable Technologies Limited (“WTL”) is an early leader in the “connected industrial worker” space. It has developed its Eleksen Connected Worker Platform to enable the real-time health and safety monitoring of large industrial workforces in global enterprises.
We are looking for bright committed individuals who want to help us create the future in an environment comprising intelligent garments and fabrics, IoT sensors, dashboards and predictive analytics.
After working in Silicon Valley for a number of years, the CEO has always encouraged a “can do, no hiding” culture within the business. To ensure this working environment there are three guiding principles to WTL:
• We exist to generate shareholder value (for us as well as our investors)
• Our people should leave us with better CVs and life skills than when they arrived
• We should have fun (we have an annual ski trip, for example)
You will have:
- In depth working knowledge of IIoT and an understanding cellular and radio communications, GNSS, cloud hosting platforms (AWS, Azure etc.), mapping, BI and visualisation tools
- Strong interest in Internet technologies (routing, switching and general network infrastructure)
- Working knowledge of current security issues and technologies concerning the industry, together with a demonstrable interest in keeping abreast with technical developments in this field.
- Previous experience of requirements gathering, design and solution building and the ability to replicate this in a commercial setting
- Previous experience supporting channel partners an advantage
- Able to show and discuss a range of previous customer solution designs
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with hosting as well as network solution designs and show integration between the two
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and product development
- Foreign languages, particularly French, Spanish and Arabic would be advantageous
What we can offer you:
We want people who are in it for the long haul and who are as passionate about our business as we are. That’s why, as well as working with some incredibly clever, innovative and quite frankly, lovely people, this is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growth company that offers you stock options so as the company grows, so do your benefits. And you will gain some blue-chip partner names to add to your CV.
A competitive salary, performance related bonus and generous share option package, and the chance to work with some of the world’s most prestigious global names
To apply for this role or any other please click here