Responsibilities and Capabilities:
- Keep up to date with and understand current and future architecture trends.
- Advise and design the product architecture direction and strategy.
- Incorporate partner organisations’ architecture.
- Develop proof of concept design patterns.
- Work with other teams to integrate deliver complex interdependent systems.
The Eleksen Connected Worker platform architecture consists of a number of wearable devices on each worker, wirelessly connected to a common cloud computing and storage system. At each individual worker there is local data collection, storage and processing, as well as near real time communication with other workers, on-site supervisors, and remote management. At the cloud there is remote data collection, storage and processing of individual and aggregate worker data, as well as integration with other business systems and 3rd parties. As part of our development team systems architect will manage theongoing direction of the architecture for the company product line and to work with delivery partners product architecture and incorporate them into our product set
What’s it like to work for Wearable Technologies?
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the UK hottest Internet of Things start-ups. Wearable Technologies Limited (“WTL”) is an early leader in the “connected industrial worker” space. It has developed its Eleksen Connected Worker Platform to enable the real-time health and safety monitoring of large industrial workforces in global enterprises.
We are looking for bright committed individuals who want to help us create the future in an environment comprising intelligent garments and fabrics, IoT sensors, dashboards and predictive analytics.
After working in Silicon Valley for a number of years, the CEO has always encouraged a “can do, no hiding” culture within the business. To ensure this working environment there are three guiding principles to WTL:
• We exist to generate shareholder value (for us as well as our investors)
• Our people should leave us with better CVs and life skills than when they arrived
• We should have fun (we have an annual ski trip, for example)
You will have/be:
- You will either be an experienced systems architect or a senior developer looking to take a step up into an architecture role
- You will come from a hands-on coding background
- Experience with the AWS stack
- Ideally some familiarity with Azure, Open stack, IBM Watson or similar cloud platforms
- Familiar with IoT protocols such as MQTT or AWS IoT Core
There may be the opportunity for travel with this role
- £50,000 to £60,000
- Invitation to join employee share option scheme based on performance, following a three month probation period
To apply for this role or any other please click here