The Company is looking to recruit a Hardware Engineer, this is a full-time position based in our Enderby HQ Office.
Responsibilities and Capabilities:
- Translate high level requirements into specific device design requirements.
- Support the other development teams with rapid prototyping.
- Design and prototype electronics systems.
- Design and prototype embedded software.
Liaise with other development teams to ensure a complete system design and delivery
The EleksenConnected Worker platform architecture consists of a number of wearable devices on each worker, wirelessly connected to a common cloud computing and storage system. At each individual worker there is local data collection, storage and processing, as well as near real time communication with other workers, on-site supervisors, and remote management. At the cloud there is remote data collection, storage and processing of individual and aggregate worker data, as well as integration with other business systemsand 3rd parties. As part of the team the hardware engineer willfurther develop and improve our in-house hardware products and develop new products from idea stage though prototypinginto manufacture, including hardware (mechanics, electronics).
What’s it like to work for Wearable Technologies?
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the UK hottest Internet of Things start-ups. Wearable Technologies Limited (“WTL”) is an early leader in the “connected industrial worker” space. It has developed its Eleksen Connected Worker Platform to enable the real-time health and safety monitoring of large industrial workforces in global enterprises.
We are looking for bright committed individuals who want to help us create the future in an environment comprising intelligent garments and fabrics, IoT sensors, dashboards and predictive analytics.
After working in Silicon Valley for a number of years, the CEO has always encouraged a “can do, no hiding” culture within the business. To ensure this working environment there are three guiding principles to WTL:
• We exist to generate shareholder value (for us as well as our investors)
• Our people should leave us with better CVs and life skills than when they arrived
• We should have fun (we have an annual ski trip, for example)
You will have/be:
- Experience delivering functioning small battery powered consumer hardware solutions
- Skills in low power electronic engineering for embedded devices
- Skills in hardware design and manufacture
- Experience with wireless communications, particularly LTE protocols
- Prototyping and problem-solving skills
- Experience with embedded software and hardware
- Customer engagement experience
- Understanding of relevant standards such as IP ratings, CE marks, EMC etc
- Some knowledge of PCB design and manufacture
- Experience with GNSS
- Ideally some experience of using IoT technologies in a commercial project
- We would also look at bright keen graduates with at least a 2.1 in a relevant degree
- £45,000 to £55,000 for experience
- £25,000 to £30,000 Graduate
- Invitation to join employee share option scheme based on performance, following a three month probation period
To apply for this role or any other please click here